I’m excited to welcome you to the humble return of Rimmblog!
We’ll be returning with a weekly format: posts every Saturday, and occasional extras during the week.
It’s been almost exactly 2 years since my last post. I think we can all agree that a lot has happened since then. For starters, I’m now permanently based in Hong Kong. It’s beautiful here and I’m very happy. Also, 2015 and 2016 happened. It’s become a cliche to hate 2016, but I must confess to a certain feeling that the world is entering some new era of darkness. Understandings about the course of things that seemed certain only a year ago have entirely evaporated.
As someone who writes about bleak futures, it has the small benefit of keeping me focused.
Writing continues, and progress is excellent. I haven’t received professional rate publication yet. But I am close to finished a second anthology. And I’m developing finalized plans for writing beyond the scope of short stories. I’ll be posting updates as things progress.
One idea I’ve had is to set myself the challenge of inventing a new science-fiction character every day. The plan is that forcing myself to create when out of ideas will stimulate creativity. If nothing else, I can always recycle them into my RPGs 😉
It’s the 7th day of 2017 right now, so I guess I owe you seven:
- Gladiator Pilot, competes in Aerial Contests
- Jungle hermit with empathic link to a giant hairy beast.
- Veteran Jetpack Infantry. Professional attitude. Loves his job.
- Full-time artistic chef. Irritated by interruptions.
- Alcoholic Baron, guaranteed immunity by diplomatic contracts
- Reverent artillery shell bearer
- Someone who has chosen to physically remain as a baby. A smart baby.
That’s it, I’m done. Catch you soon, everybody.